Cricket Lane, Lower Bourne, Surrey, GU10 3QN
THE BOURNE CRICKET CLUB
BOURNE CC YOUNG LEADERS RESPONSIBILITIES
Click here to see the rota for the first half of the summer sessions.
Times – 6pm to 8pm (your expenses will be in an envelope with your name on behind the bar to collect at the end of the session; occasionally it may be handed to you during a session).
What are a Young Leader's responsibilities for each session? - You will be assisting the two lead Supersportz coaches with the running of a coaching session for approx. 12-20 players. The coaches will be responsible for introducing & explaining the drills and games; you can assist them with the equipment preparation and demonstrations. The main aim of your role is to try and make sure that every player enjoys and gets involved in the session. The coaches will generally be talking to the players as a group but you should be encouraging and assist players individually or collectively where they are finding it difficult to engage with the activity. Some key ways you can assist are...
· taking the four kit boxes out of the clubhouse showers cubicle in preparation.
· help players by making sure they have understood the coaches.
· make sure the players are listening quietly when the coaches are talking.
· make sure the players are respecting the equipment and each other
· encourage players to take part and applaud any positive skill or behaviour.
· give individual attention to any players that are struggling or who look unhappy.
· if there is a first aid issue, draw it to the coach’s attention for them to deal with.
· returning the four kit boxes (all kit inside) to the clubhouse; no kit can be lent out.
What should a Young Leader wear? - There is no set dress code but we would suggest a white cricket shirt and tracksuit (if cold) and shorts (if warm), trainers (not cricket boots) and something to drink. This year you will be given an orange Young Leader's training bib to wear over your clothes as part of our new tops to help parents identify quickly who-is-who.
No mobile phones – During the coaching sessions there must be no use of mobile phones and they mustn’t be in view. This is an ECB directive as part of their SafeHands Policy when coaching young children.
What if I a Young Leader is unable to make one of the sessions for which they are allocated? - Please arrange for a swap or someone to take your place and notify Andy (details below). If you can't find a replacement or are unable to make a session at short notice then please email Andy on email@example.com or message Andy on 07766 655880.
What if a Friday is called off because of rain? – Young Leaders will get expenses for the cancelled Friday. Expenses will be remunerated to them on the next Friday they attend or via a bank transfer.